Custom made orthotics are designed to reduce unnecessary strain on the muscles and joints of the feet and lower limbs by providing support and cushioning.
Foot care is one of the fastest growing, yet most neglected, areas of healthcare today. The incidence of foot problems increases with age, making this issue timely and important to baby boomers and especially those who suffer from diabetes. As well, the popularity of high heels makes this an interesting topic for women as they suffer from four times as many foot problems as men.
Conditions commonly treated with custom orthotics:
- Painful high arches (pes cavus)
- Arthritis (juvenile idiopathic arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis)
- Hallux valgus (a condition where the base of the big toe bulges sideways, away from the foot)
- Heel pain/Plantar Fasciitis
- Leg or knee pain
- Sacroiliac joint syndrome